Tuesday 17 May 2011

research publication work






                                                                  Sonnet Narrative

From when I had found her I will evermore
Protect her soul from the horrors thou sitst below.
Her life entwined in my transcending corruption
Became her doom of this eternal store.
O that I were transformed immortal
And feel her presence beside my aching body.
And let my lips from kissing not remove.
Her vision feeds greedy eyes hence eyes never remove.
If she art here my thoughts might rest
She might tenderly kiss me and fondly caressed.
Issue my heart from thy aching love
And make a garland for her heavenly brow.
Might the angels embrace my queen of beauty.
Lord, shield her soul might pain remove.

I then chose deflect from the film noir/neo-noir influences that I have researched and look at  diverse style of narrative such as sonnets. I chose to research sonnets as a form of poetry due to its meaning; 'little song' reflecting deep human emotions such as love and loss. English sonnets were introduced in the early sixteenth century by Thomas Wyatt. However, Sir Philip Sidney's sequence 'Astrophel and Stella' introduced the concept of sonnet sequences commonly used by Edmund Spencer and Samuel Daniel with the general premise of the poet expressing his love for a woman. I found parts of the sonnet 'Upon the Crucifix' by William Alabster incredibly emotive; 'Issue my heart from thy two-leaved door', as well as Shakespeare's sonnet '116' 'Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, But bears it out even to the edge of doom'. I have used a similar style of text to express a deep meaning of passion and sensibility for the main character towards his lover and abrupt demise. I feel that these influences have given a diverse, yet new sensuality of the narrative that comic style and film noir narrative cannot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment